• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

overhead console wiring ?

CITYBOY

NAXJA Forum User
I have recently installed a overhead console in my 2000 XJ, I have the wire harness from the donor vehicle. I have looked in the pass. kick panel, but cannot find the corresponding colors on a plug, Does anyone know which plug it is? or a picture of it? Or how to test for it? I know the computer is capable of giving me the info, I found the temp sensor plug in the bumper, Just wondering if anyone can help me out?
Thanks in advance...

CITYBOY said:
...I found the temp sensor plug in the bumper...

That's what that fool thing is.
Thanks.

Bent said:
That's what that fool thing is.
Thanks.
If you got the console wiring out of the same model as your XJ there should only be one plug that will let you plug into. They are all made that little bit different when plugs are in the same area for ease on the production line.

Remove your glovebox door for more access to the wires. It's in there someplace, honest. Each year between 1997 and 2001 they changed the plugs a little bit but the wire colors always are the same. You can remove the plug and connect the wires directly. Or go back to the donor XJ and get the other end of the plug from its passenger footwell. JeepZZ took these pictures of the plugs.
Here's pics of the different types of connector for the overhead console harnesses.
top is 97, next down is 98, then 99 and at the bottom is the 00 thru 01. The 00-01 are the only years that shared the same wiring connector. The wiring colors and wire count are the same on all except for the 97 which has two extra wires. (note the connector for 00-01 on the bottom doesn't have the correct wire count as it is a harness for keyless entry only but has the same connecter as the overhead)
wiringharness97_98_99and00thru01.jpg

Back