• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please Help! XJ Still won't Start!

ColoradoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My fuel pump is not kicking on when ignition is in 'on' position. The pump is new and I have bypassed the resistor and the pump runs just fine. Someone else told me to reset my computer by unplugging the stator harness. This worked once or twice. The fuel pump would kick on and the engine would fire and start. (runs great) I replaced the stator, and still no start. I have already bought new, CPS, TPS, fuel pump, fuel pump resistor, stator, and more. I can't believe it won't start for me. I am confused and frustrated. Something in the computer system is not telling the fuel pump to kick on or to fire the engine. When it is baking in the sun, air temp over 90, (engine compartment well into the hundreds) it will also start. After it starts it runs like a champ???

What year, auto or manual tranny?

Does the starter crank?

Yes, I have new relays. The engine is turning over very strong. Manual Tranny. No, I don't hear the pump. Only when engine compartment is over 100 degrees. ??//??

ColoradoXJ said:
Yes, I have new relays. The engine is turning over very strong. Manual Tranny. No, I don't hear the pump. Only when engine compartment is over 100 degrees. ??//??
WHAT YEAR?
The fuel pump's in the tank, not under the hood, are you out of gas?

Back