• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle bracket q's

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
alright this is kinda a lamo question but here goes. I'm re-using the uca axle bushings out of my d30 for my hp44 they are a press fit into the d30 and i would like them to be a nice tight fit into the 44's bracket but i'm at a loss as to how to get a precision hole without going to a machinist. i was thinking of using a hole saw but i didn't think i could get the interferance fit i was looking for
any ideas??

This is the JKS sleeve I just fit to my D30,I think theyre $12ea!Nice bushing fit also,theyve got the step machined into them.
fh000010.jpg

Last edited:
bj-666 said:
alright this is kinda a lamo question but here goes. I'm re-using the uca axle bushings out of my d30 for my hp44 they are a press fit into the d30 and i would like them to be a nice tight fit into the 44's bracket but i'm at a loss as to how to get a precision hole without going to a machinist. i was thinking of using a hole saw but i didn't think i could get the interferance fit i was looking for
any ideas??

i plan on making a hole with a hole saw a little small then taking a die grinder to it till it fits...

XJ_ranger said:
i plan on making a hole with a hole saw a little small then taking a die grinder to it till it fits...
Do it right or dont do it!Have you ever pressed bushings into the stock upper passenger side mount or stock control arms(even passenger car a-arms),the sheet metal arms collapse before the bushings move!

plan was the operative word...
if my bushing can bend the 3/16 that make up mu brackets... im in for a shock...

If its an open C-frame design it can bend unless your fit-up is so loose it worthless.For $12 your going to spend all this time fabbing something you dont know will even work until you actually try to press it in!

RCP Phx said:
If its an open C-frame design it can bend unless your fit-up is so loose it worthless.For $12 your going to spend all this time fabbing something you dont know will even work until you actually try to press it in!
fine - ill spend $24 plus shiping from the state that i used to live in and will live in and do it right...

thanks for the help rich...

Back