• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fixable

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
a drunk driver drove his car into the front left side of my jeep yesterday and got pretty far up into my jeep. Since the xj is a unibody am i pretty much screwed because i know if you bend the frame up on an ordinary car its toast. I honestly know this question has a lot of variable but i just want some answers before they look at my jeep.

This sucks, i just bought the jeep a couple months ago, its a 2000, it was owned by some company and the interior and exterior WERE perfect and i just sold my cj and ordered the RE 5.5" lift.

Nice little monkey wrench wouldn't u say

you could always buy it back from insurance for cheap and fix whats wrong with it and build it for the weekend trails.

Thats good advise. buy it back or take the cash from the settlement, buy a new ride, keep the jeep and use it for parts.
A buddy of mine has made quite the business out of junkers.. he will steal the axles, brakes, motors, etc... and re-sell them for cheap, then scrap the vehicle.
$85 for the metal,
$100 for the engine,
various for everything else.. but with jeeps, you could put your rear axle on the forum and sell it.. same with the seats, windshield, etc... Its amazing how much you can make off parts. :repair:

Back