• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CJ Leafs

red_01_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone tried this... I am looking for a way to add a bb on a real tight buget, I have some old CJ7 leafs packs lying around would I be able to take them apart and add one or two to my curent leaft pack, and if so does any one know how much lift I would get.

Thanks Pete

red_01_xj said:
Has anyone tried this... I am looking for a way to add a bb on a real tight buget, I have some old CJ7 leafs packs lying around would I be able to take them apart and add one or two to my curent leaft pack, and if so does any one know how much lift I would get.

Thanks Pete
Aren't CJ leafs narrower then the XJ leafs?

may be so i have not looked at them in a while

the front are 2" leaves and the rear are 2.5"

if the arch in the rear leaves is equal to or greater than your current leaves - go for it...

just remember that CJ's have centered leaf spring center pins where teh XJ is offset...
this means drilling through spring steel - which ate about $50 worth of cheap bits with a drill press that was spinning way to fast for the job... (in my case with Skyjacker 4" lift springs for a YJ)

Yea ill give it a try this summer when i get out of school, the drill press should be no problem i will have acess to a shop with one, but well see when ill have time to rent a air compressor

red_01_xj said:
Yea ill give it a try this summer when i get out of school, the drill press should be no problem i will have acess to a shop with one, but well see when ill have time to rent a air compressor

rent?

looks like its time for an OBA system... then you have it to work on the jeep and with the jeep while wheelin...

that would be nice but being im on i limit...well...err...maybe i should do a prac study i hear those are good money

red_01_xj said:
that would be nice but being im on i limit...well...err...maybe i should do a prac study i hear those are good money

WHAT????

stop stuttering and spit it out!

XJ_ranger said:
WHAT????

stop stuttering and spit it out!

yea a prac study where they test drugs on my body then i get paid lots of money

Back