• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fule pump keeps running

90xjpos

NAXJA Forum User
ok , so , i have stuck thousands of dollars in parts into my 1990 xj limited 4.0 auto. i just got the darn thing of friday. after 2 fires, 2 cps's, a new coil new plugs new wires new injectors, new distributor, new cap, new rotor, new nutral saftey switch, 2 new air cleaners (due to fire) new fule filter, new ignition switch. 1 new window. ( the result of a temper tantrum after a fire) and beleive me the list goes on. i havent slept since i got the darn thing and been under or on it since 4 pm friday night . this $2,000 dollar jeep has turned into a $4,100 dollar parts house. NOW come to find out the problem is that the fule pump keeps runing and running. i can hear it. after a few minutes of idle (which gets rough after about 20 seconds) it kills and smells of gas. i have had t fires. in the air box from backfire through the intake. hence a whole lot of gas in their that shouldnt be. and after i drive it for a little while and shut it off it wont start again for a good amount of time. probably flooded. my fule economy is horrable which is expected when the darn pump keeps going. so now that i have found the problem, $1,900 dollars later i need a fix for it. and please dont tell me to replace the pump. the lady i got it from said it had less than 10,000 miles on it. and that it costs an arm and a leg to fix. i guess on the bright side $1,900 dollars worth of new parts mean's i know that there is just that much less stuff to go wrong now. so somebody, any body , everybody please help this poor kid. i am going nutz. this jeep is begging to go play in the mud. it wants to be home with the rest of the jeeps around here. burried 3 feet down in some fresh soupy mud. i know you guys understand. these things were made for this. they urn for it. but my budget has been tapped. to the hilt. is it possible to put in a switch to shut off the pump after the jeep starts?

Back