• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Valve Cover Compatibility

Danwa

NAXJA Forum User
I have a lot of blow-by on my 88 Cherokee. I am wondering if the 91-95 valve cover with the larger vent tubes will fit the 87-90 Renix engine. I am hoping this would minimize my problem.

Try to find yourself the 97 style stamped steel valve cover, that way you can use the 1 peice silicon gasket. I have done this on my 90 with the renix, and no more oil leaks... The one thing is try to get the valve cove as complete as possible with the metal retaines and grommets for the bolts.. It is a simple and straight forward bolt on...

Clean-RC said:
Try to find yourself the 97 style stamped steel valve cover, that way you can use the 1 peice silicon gasket. I have done this on my 90 with the renix, and no more oil leaks... The one thing is try to get the valve cove as complete as possible with the metal retaines and grommets for the bolts.. It is a simple and straight forward bolt on...

do you have to extend the ccv vacuum lines?

Back