• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wd light not engaging, fuse?

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
my 4x4 light does not come one, doesnt matter if its 4 hi or 4 lo... is there a fuse for it? or something came off...? it never worked since i got my xj about 8 months ago... its a 98 sport

Purple said:
my 4x4 light does not come one, doesnt matter if its 4 hi or 4 lo... is there a fuse for it? or something came off...? it never worked since i got my xj about 8 months ago... its a 98 sport

This was just mentioned by at least two people in a recent thread. The 4WD bulbs seem to burn out long before the other ones on the same panel do. I wonder why; they're all the same, Eagle says: #74 clear push-in bulbs that comes in a bubble-pack of 2. (Think he said you can get them at Walmart.)

Thank You:)

I have a 98 sport also. Bulb is fine. The switch for the light only works some of the time. Depends on temp, moisture, position of handle, those things are really touchy.

hmmm, i didnt know there is a fuse for that......? under dash? or kick panel?

My 95's light wouldn't come on for about a week, then I dropped onto a rock good enough to dent my crossmember up and after that it started working again. I figure from that it's just a bad connection and I'm waiting till it happens again to track down the problem. If your bulbs are ok it may be a loose connection as well.

Back