• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New info?- Iraq

Gridikal

NAXJA Forum User
Did I hear this right?
- Russia actualy took the however many tons of explosives befor the US invaded
-Bin Laden "endorses" Kerry if you look at the new fbi report- ABC refuses to air it b/c they claim it will hurt Bush when we all know that it would help. Is this new info going to make a difference?

Hard to tell. I have seen the reports that the Russians did move materials out, and possibly the "missing" explosives. The information is still a bit new yet to tell for sure.

Last I saw (about the tape) was that they could not, or had not yet authenticated it.

Sure. Next thing we'll hear is russia is hiding osama, russia is bad. Look what they did after the school bombing took rights away from the people. We must liberate the russian people. Oh yeah there is a link between al quide and russia.
Maybe its true maybe its not. We'll see if what i said will happen.
Just a question i have to ask, yeah its going to be dumb.
But if it was taken out before we invaded how'd we know it was there and how much was taken out???

Bin Laden endorses kerry? What were did this claim come from, so osama is where?

How long have we been in iraq I have forgotton and year and 6 months?

WAIT A SECOND!!! WHY ARE WE DEBATING THIS NOW?! SHOULDNT THIS WEAPONS DEPOT OR WHATEVER IT IS, BEEN ONE OF THE FIRST PLACES WE STOPPED AT WHEN WE WENT INTO IRAQ??????? Doesnt anyone else find this a bit odd. We all knew what was there. The UN had been in this place before and even locked things us. So wouldnt this have been one the first places we would have gone to. According to the UN it was some serious explosives there, strong enough for a nuke. The sources are from my local newpaper, the sources from about the un. I cant seeem to find a link on the web to article.

Last edited:
Z22_Z33 said:
Sure. Next thing we'll hear is russia is hiding osama, russia is bad. Look what they did after the school bombing took rights away from the people. We must liberate the russian people. Oh yeah there is a link between al quide and russia.
Maybe its true maybe its not. We'll see if what i said will happen.
Just a question i have to ask, yeah its going to be dumb.
But if it was taken out before we invaded how'd we know it was there and how much was taken out???

Bin Laden endorses kerry? What were did this claim come from, so osama is where?

How long have we been in iraq I have forgotton and year and 6 months?

WAIT A SECOND!!! WHY ARE WE DEBATING THIS NOW?! SHOULDNT THIS WEAPONS DEPOT OR WHATEVER IT IS, BEEN ONE OF THE FIRST PLACES WE STOPPED AT WHEN WE WENT INTO IRAQ??????? Doesnt anyone else find this a bit odd. We all knew what was there. The UN had been in this place before and even locked things us. So wouldnt this have been one the first places we would have gone to. According to the UN it was some serious explosives there, strong enough for a nuke. The sources are from my local newpaper, the sources from about the un. I cant seeem to find a link on the web to article.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and STFU. We knew it was there before we invaded because it was tagged by the IAEA. The same group now saying that it was gone before we got in. Look back in your history book, Russia was and still is a bunch of bastards. If they could have, they would have blown our asses into the last century. Russia has always backed countries and dictators that were against us. As for this being the first place we went...do you have any idea where this is? Remember, there was a fawking war going on. Don't really have time to stop and look at stuff when people are shooting at you. Hind sight is 20/20, didn't they teach that in Eagle Scouts? You can't have it both ways...the WMDs were never there, but they were there, but not their gone...

Last edited:
This is one of the things that really ticks me off about the media and the $#%*&@ armchair generals every REMF politician, 15 seconds of fame commentator and critic becomes and people listen and believe from these BS spewing mouths, sheesh. When you are in the attack you dont stop for anything, period, no smelling the roses, couple of quick beers, nothing. YOU JUST GO and KEEP GOING, you don't stop to explore. The clean up or follow up units *may* be interested but thats the job of the intel boys NOT THE GRUNTS and only the intel sections when the real fighting is over. I will make one concession, there should have been a security detachment and an engineer unit left behind or deployed to the base if they were available to start looking it over, *maybe*, but when you're up to your butt in alligators you don't worry about draining the swamp. Who if anyone dropped the ball, who knows, you'll never get a straight unbiased answer from the media. Think on this, show me a media commentary or report that says 'they did a good job', EVERY SINGLE media report is ALWAYS 100% of the time, critical of EVERY THING WE DO OVER THERE and they seem to take great pride in nit picking every negative thing they can find and if they can't find any they make them up.. If they do find a positive they work their asses off to throw a negative spin on it...

Show me the last news reports that showed the medical units and such treating civilians, adults and children, for eveyday injuries, you can't but it happens every day over there.

Some interesting reading on the coincidental 'timing' of this missing materials.
http://www.heritage.org/Research/InternationalOrganizations/wm596.cfm

Last edited:
When I first heard the report, a few questions jumped out at me. I was trained in the military, to destroy battle damaged equipement (mainly fire control instruments and big guns), whom better than a mechanic to train, to screw something up :laugh3: , along with some HAZMAT training. Pretty good school, they gave you the info and let you use your ingenuity to figure out the methods.
RDX or MDX, is pretty stable stuff, they use it in cannon shells, yes they fire it out of gun tubes. If I remember correctly, by wieght RDX has 20% more energy than TNT (which is mostly filler). Off the top of my head, I can think of a dozen, compounds, that have more energy per pound than RDX, that I can buy at the store.
RDX is a commercial product, used to make everything from shoe soles, to deodorant.
The amount missing, isn´t like advertised, the largest stash in history, it´s maybe a very small percentage of what´s produced by Dupont. And a pretty small part, of the total amount in Iraq (canon projectiles are filled with it).
RDX or MDX has a shelf life of about 10 years and retails for about $7-10 a pound. Not that hard to come by, most every country in the world has on hand, much more RDX, than has gone missing in Iraq, many by a factor of thousands.
Next question, is where did it come from? The RDX production facilities in Iraq, were destroyed in the first gulf war. If it was left overs, it´s shelf life could be near it´s end. If not, somebody was shipping it in, dispite the sanctions.
Remember $7-10 a pound retail. Wholesale maybe $2-3 pound= $1,500,000-2,000,000. About a dozen containers or 6 rail cars full.
Personnaly, I´d like to see, the results of the floor sweepings of the storage facility, and the cellulit tracers, which will tell, whom manufactured it.
Oh and by the way, RDX isn´t SDBS (super dupper bad stuff), but it´s not something you want to scatter around in your garden either. It´s a hazardous material, but then again so is Cocacola or gasoline.

Urban Redneck said:
do you have any idea where this is? Remember, there was a fawking war going on. Don't really have time to stop and look at stuff when people are shooting at you. Hind sight is 20/20, didn't they teach that in Eagle Scouts? You can't have it both ways...the WMDs were never there, but they were there, but not their gone...

So what your saying is its ok to leave weapons out in the open so your enemy can get a hold of them later? Isnt one of the first rules of war to make sure your enemy cant fight back. So by leaving this large stockpile of explosives that can be looted that would be ok? So we're not sure if the stuff has passed the shelf life or not, so all the more reason to make sure it doesnt fall in the wrong hands. Hindsight has nothing to do with this, its a war, you want to make sure the enemy cant fight you. Looks like being an Eagle Scout has taught me something, to bad your candy *** couldnt come close to what I and others have achieved. And could it not be possible that WMDS might just be in a weapons depot, that could later be used against the troops?? So why not destroy the facilty by air or with ground forces as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
#1 Read the rules. No need to insult or call names.

#2 How old are you? Did you serve? Where and when?

Z22_Z33 said:
So what your saying is its ok to leave weapons out in the open so your enemy can get a hold of them later? Isnt one of the first rules of war to make sure your enemy cant fight back. So by leaving this large stockpile of explosives that can be looted that would be ok? So we're not sure if the stuff has passed the shelf life or not, so all the more reason to make sure it doesnt fall in the wrong hands. Hindsight has nothing to do with this, its a war, you want to make sure the enemy cant fight you. Looks like being an Eagle Scout has taught me something, to bad your candy *** couldnt come close to what I and others have achieved. And couldnt it be possible the WMDS might just be in a weapons depot, that could later be used against the troops?? So why not destroy the facilty by air or with ground forces.

Glenn said:
#1 Read the rules. No need to insult or call names.

#2 How old are you? Did you serve? Where and when?

So there is no rule saying "make sure the enemy cant/doesnt have the capabilty to fight you or infict mass damages" Or am I just wrong here?
So the air raids over Europe during the second world war were pointless, we should have just bombed the troops instead?

What does my age, whether or not I served have to do with this. Yes I relieze this is a war, things are hard to do but on the other hand they must be done.

Hahaha, no need to insult? Why dont you tell that to Urban Redneck.

Last edited:
Z22_Z33 said:
Looks like being an Eagle Scout has taught me something, to bad your candy *** couldnt come close to what I and others have achieved.

Look Z, what you don't understand is that I, and thousands of my brothers and sisters in arms are willing to lay down our lives for you, just so you can talk the way you do.

If you want any respect here or in life, get off your high horse. Serving in the military is much more noble and dangerous than being an Eagle Scout. You want to achieve something? Go see your recruiter and offer you life for the rights you and others have.

Fergie

Oh, he is in the Boy Scouts? Than explains the naive outlook.

When you are old enough to join the Military, do consider it. It will help you grow in to a man.

NOTE: not intended as an isult, just advice.
Fergie said:
Look Z, what you don't understand is that I, and thousands of my brothers and sisters in arms are willing to lay down our lives for you, just so you can talk the way you do.

If you want any respect here or in life, get off your high horse. Serving in the military is much more noble and dangerous than being an Eagle Scout. You want to achieve something? Go see your recruiter and offer you life for the rights you and others have.

Fergie

Glenn said:

When you are old enough to join the Military, do consider it. It will help you grow in to a man.

dont encourage him. The military needs people to FOLLOW orders, not sit around a play e-lance corperal (SP?) all day...Jeez Glenn... you must want some of us to be shot at... :gag:

He ain't cut out for the military in any sense and you know it...

Fergie said:

Fergie

Thank you again, and again , and again...:worship:

red91inWA said:
Thank you again, and again , and again...:worship:
I'll tell ya what, I got freakin teary-eyed yesterday over a news story I saw:

A Sgt. in the 25th over in Iraq hadnt seen his kids in 9 months or so and was supposed to be gone for another while. He got a surprise 2 week leave to go home and visit his kids. He surprised his son and daughter at their school in the middle of the day.

Man, those kid's reaction when they saw their Dad, and his reaction to them...

Those are the folks that deserve thanks...not me.

Fergie

red91inWA said:
dont encourage him. The military needs people to FOLLOW orders, not sit around a play e-lance corperal (SP?) all day...Jeez Glenn... you must want some of us to be shot at... :gag:

He ain't cut out for the military in any sense and you know it...
Those types are generaly sent home during the first weeks of Basic Training.... the Military is pretty good at weeding out the week.... though some do get by.

I get teary eyed as well at those stories. A true patriot never wants to see folks in harms way, but we understand why. We also know how to cherish a home coming and seeing those that make it all worth while.

Fergie said:
I'll tell ya what, I got freakin teary-eyed yesterday over a news story I saw:

A Sgt. in the 25th over in Iraq hadnt seen his kids in 9 months or so and was supposed to be gone for another while. He got a surprise 2 week leave to go home and visit his kids. He surprised his son and daughter at their school in the middle of the day.

Man, those kid's reaction when they saw their Dad, and his reaction to them...

Those are the folks that deserve thanks...not me.

Fergie

Z22_Z33 said:
Looks like being an Eagle Scout has taught me something, to bad your candy *** couldnt come close to what I and others have achieved...

When you walk 1 foot in my shoes, then you can judge me, KID. Go buy a ** clue, put the bong down, let go of the tree...don't you have to save one of your rock heros from blowing his brains out? Hope your Eagle Scout training taught you how to....never mind, you're not worth it...

Z22_Z33 said:
So there is no rule saying "make sure the enemy cant/doesnt have the capabilty to fight you or infict mass damages" Or am I just wrong here?
So the air raids over Europe during the second world war were pointless, we should have just bombed the troops instead?

What does my age, whether or not I served have to do with this. Yes I relieze this is a war, things are hard to do but on the other hand they must be done.

Hahaha, no need to insult? Why dont you tell that to Urban Redneck.
Ya know there is alot more going on over there that what they show you in the media. Like scuds and things like that. The hundreds of bunkers filled with thousands of RPG's, AK-47's, Morters and thing that we have to dodge every time we went out. So try getting informed befor you talk about things you dont really understand.

Fergie said:

Fergie
Glenn said:

Glenn, Fergie Very well said I think

Before I joined the Army I thought I was patriotic. Then after I joined that gave me even more respect for our country. NOTHING even compares to how the sight of Ole Glory and what it stands for, makes you feel after you have been shot at and fought for our country. Many men and women have died fighting for our grand flag , someone’s brother, mother, father, sister, son, or daughter. That’s something that deserves respect and if you don’t.... well I don’t know what to tell you

Back