• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

making some lift blocks, how long?

andyr354

NAXJA Forum User
Going to make some lift blocks to use in the back of my 89. Was gonna buy some 2.5 x 1/2 plate and stickem in there. How long should I make th em? 6" long enough?

Might stack 2 or 3 in there.

I would make them the same length as the spring pad. I would also bolt them through the spring pack. If you stack them, I would weld them together first.

Sort of like Tom said, don't stack 'em. If you want more just get thicker material. I'd get 8" long and weld them to the perch personally.

Sean

Come on guys a 3' lift block is only $20.00 from discount auto parts $39.95 with u-bolts, 2" version is cheaper. Why bother welding and stacking. I have some lift blocks if you want them pay for the shipping. I went from blocks to lowering the spring mounts, much safer, and easier on the springs. I did what Beezil did welded a plate over the hole and mounted the hanger on that. Front was a similar action just with bracing.

simonsxj said:
Come on guys a 3' lift block is only $20.00 from discount auto parts $39.95 with u-bolts, 2" version is cheaper. Why bother welding and stacking. I have some lift blocks if you want them pay for the shipping. I went from blocks to lowering the spring mounts, much safer, and easier on the springs. I did what Beezil did welded a plate over the hole and mounted the hanger on that. Front was a similar action just with bracing.

I agree, but the question was about making them. I don't like lift blocks anyway. I think a real spring pack is the way to go, or moving the mounts like you said. :)

I'm planning on making my own blocks too because I only want a 1/2" block and I haven't found anybody that sells them that size. I plan on getting a longer center pin and bolting the block to the springs.

I have considered moving the rear spring mount like you speak of. I am running RE Shackles right now. I plan to go to RE 3.5" spring packs in the future but just aren't ready to fork over the cash......
I would probably want to move the mount back though once I get the springs packs.

Guess I should just wait. Just that I have these RE 4.5" coils in the shop staring at me every day............

Back