• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Centering the front axle.

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
You fellas who has 3" of lift, what do you do to get the front axle back under the XJ? I need to do an alignment on my '96 and want to get everything together before I start. :eyes:

or you could drill a new hole in the axle mount. or buy a new weld on bracket. ive got 5" and have the weld on bracket with no problems so far.

kolby

jeeper821 said:
you need an adjustable trackbar or a relocation bracket, the bracket is only like $30.00 the trackbar is like $130.00-220.00.

with just the 3" and if you don't plan to any bigger, i would just get the bracket

The bracket is garbage, it will throw off your steering geometry and you will have bump steer. And if you plan on wheeling it, you will break it. Invest that $30 into an adjustable unit.

When I got my 96 XJ, it already had a 3" Procomp lift on it that had the relocation bracket. For a while I couldnt find where a clunk noise was coming from, turns out the bracket had cracked and had some play in it.

I had the bracket replaced, but it came loose again (bolt on). The shop welded it back in. While it hasnt come loose or broke again, I do have bump steer slightly.

Eventually I'm going to have that crap taken out and put an adjustable trackbar in there so I can get the geometry back. It just feels cheesy having it in there.

Back