• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oba help???

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
alrighty i have had my oba up and running for about a month and have been working out the kinks all an all it is excelent the one problem i am having is heat. the engine compartment gets very hot and the filter i have on there now melted the plastic bowl soo i have been looking and havent found one but does anyone know where to find a pneumatic filter with a glass bowl.

i didnt think that a xj engine compartment got that hot, to melt plastic non of the other plastis stuff in there melts. but anyway i dont know of any glass ones but you might find metal ones try an industrial supply house if you cant find one at a hardware store.

oo yea it get's plenty hot i didn't think so either but the bowl melted and it also pushed in a spot on my overflow tank because it rests on it kinda wierd.
the other think is that not everything plastic in the engine compartment is under 150psi eiter

Craftsman and other el-cheapo push mowers use a small, tubular paper filter with a round fitting on the end, which you can hose-clamp to the right size pipe fitting. I have this attached to an adapter to go to a much smaller in-line oiler.

MattBlackXJ said:
Craftsman and other el-cheapo push mowers use a small, tubular paper filter with a round fitting on the end, which you can hose-clamp to the right size pipe fitting. I have this attached to an adapter to go to a much smaller in-line oiler.
talking about he pressure side no the intake anyone know a web site to get a glass bowl water/oil seperater

The engine bay is hot, but the compressed air makes heat too by compressing it and I believe that is the source of most of this guys heat. I don't know about a glass bowl, but www.kilbyenterprises.com sells a lot of onboard air systems, so I figure what he sells must work. Jeff

Back