• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail ride questions

G

I was just wondering if there would be trail rides (one of each difficulty) on each of the 5 days of the event?

Also, it is open to XJ's only right?

Lastly, are there other events (besides the trail rides) that take place during the week?

Thank you.

For your first question, yes...usually. We normally have a moderate and a hardcore run, and sometimes an easy trail run. You are not locked into any particular run, which means you can decide which trail you want to run that morning. However, if there are a lot of attendees it may make it easier on the trail leaders to know approximately how many will be driving in their group before they hit the trailhead.

Some folks, especially those with families or sKeErdy cats like me :shock: , will take one day off from wheeling to visit Arches National Park or some other attraction.

Not only open to XJs, but also MJs. I don't know what rules will be in place this year as far as any other vehicles being allowed. We've had a TJ or two ride with us the past two years. Why? Anything in particular on your mind?

Tom

I was asking about other vehicles, because I am the only one of my friends with an XJ. Two of my friends have TJ's and I (maybe we) would be roadtripping it from Minnesota. I know they would not want to go with me if it was XJ's/MJ's only. But at the same time I do respect the fact that it is an XJ event. I've tossed the idea at my wife of just her and I driving out like we did in '00. She had a great time then and then we'd spend3 or 4 days in Moab then move on to Durango and Glenwood Springs. Thanks for your reply.

gj

Friends are welcome, whatever they drive. It's always fun to travel and wheel with your buddies, so bring them if they want to come.

Richard G

Well, there ya go...straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Hope to see you down there 'cause I hope to be there. :)

Tom

Guests and other types of 4x4

We LIKE to see other types of 4x4s along. They ALL make our XJs look SO good! Moab is made for the XJ/MJ platform. :lol:

other events?

For your last question regarding other events that week. I don't know what is being planned but as far as non-related events there is the 24 Hours of Moab bike race that Saturday and Sunday. maybe my hammerhead biker friends will talk me into a "quick" race? :roll: after a good trail ride of course!

I hope to make it down there with a new budget lift, & tires and I'll have my bike along for extra activities!

Back