• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Questions #2

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my AW4 rebuilt on my 90 4.0. Now I'm still having questions with a couple things.

#1-when I'm going about 35 it doesnt know which gear to be in-I know this is kind of just an automatic transmission defect(or so im told) so I'm not sure if I should be worried about that.

#2-as I'm accelerating to 55 right before it shifts to either 4th or OD or whatever, it gives itself a quick rev. I dont understand this one but it did it before my tranny was rebuilt too.

Other than that I like my rebuilt tranny much better. I'm thinking maybe my TPS still isn't quite right but I'm not quite sure if either of those things would have any thing to do with it. Please Help.

Last edited:
Can anyone help here? I'm really wondering about this.

I'm not sure but would that cause that to happen ya think?

its possible, you had problems before and dont know if was set correctly before. maybe that was the onset to all your problems. does your jeep overheat. maybe your not losing coolant, just never filled properly and you had an air pocket.

I probably better have the TPS looked at by the dealer. Also it doesnt really overheat but I just had a brand new radiator put in in February and then Maaco sprayed the condenser fins. It will go a little above 210 but thats when its just sitting and running and when its low on coolant. I guess I can check my oil to see if the coolant is seeping into it. I hope that TPS isn't what made my tranny go.......

I guess I can just hope that it's not a cracked head but I'm going to go out and check all the hoses etc. in a few minutes. The one thing that I have found is the hose that comes out of the bottom of the reservoir has a little coolant sitting at the top-just gathering there. I probably need to replace that. Any ideas?

Back