• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

inboarding rear springs

jeepxjga

NAXJA Forum User
something came to my attention this past weekend when i was at gray rock, i noticed how outboarded teh rear springs are on an xj, is there anyone here that has inboarded them to under the frame? if so, what springs did you use? seems like this would be a cool project, and get a little more travel out of the rear suspension.

jeepxjga said:
something came to my attention this past weekend when i was at gray rock, i noticed how outboarded teh rear springs are on an xj, is there anyone here that has inboarded them to under the frame? if so, what springs did you use? seems like this would be a cool project, and get a little more travel out of the rear suspension.

NorCalXJ did it on his old rig with 63" chevy springs and he had mad flex!!
Here's his rig
Billy

You will lose stability.

Do you know of any other closer pics than that? I wouldnt mind doin a setup like that. Ryan you do it first that way your jeep will be the "trial and error" phase, that way I can get mine dialed in just right! :scottm: BTW did that guy ever end up selling it on Pirate?

i'm not worried about stability, i'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of that for some more flex cause my rear flex BLOWS. besides, i'd almost consider it a little TOO stable right now

Try a search, we hashed this out thoroughly about 2 months ago.

CRASH

10-4 on the search

Back