• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seat idea

ladywolf

UH-60L Jeep Chick
Hey, has anyone ever put bucket seats in the back seat of their cherokee instead of the bench? I'm tempted to do that when I get back stateside. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. thanks guys!

ladywolf said:
Hey, has anyone ever put bucket seats in the back seat of their cherokee instead of the bench? I'm tempted to do that when I get back stateside. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. thanks guys!

Search around on mod tech: IIRC there are couple posts about that. It doesn't look too hard and I'm planning to do it myself in the fall as well :D

ladywolf said:

I am in the process of doing this right now, although I am also putting a set in the cargo area (six seater XJ to handle four small kids). I am using PRP seats, because they make preteen and toddler sized seats, slotted for five point harnesses. You could certainly use adult sized seats.

I am putting in an internal cage, and then we are going to tie mounting rails into the cage and bolt the seats and harnesses directly into the cage. I've pulled out all the carpet and have removed the rear seatbelts entirely. I'll be durabaking the floor as well as installing Dynamat Extreme for sound deadening. I can't believe I've just now removed the carpet. My Jeep doesn't stink anymore...carpet does not belong in a serious offroader (even in the dry Southwest...I check in on this board because we may move to the Northwest).

I think you'd have a problem trying to mount the seats directly into the floor because of the slope of that area (which the bench covers up). You'd probably need custom mounts, and I don't know how much floorpan rigidity you'd have on the front mounts since nothing stock bolts into those points. I think the cage idea is going to work excellently, and I'll post pictures when it's done.

Nay

Back