• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Uflipping" a d300

Lucas

NAXJA Forum User
Not really familiar with 300 tech, but im talking to a guy selling a 4:1 flipped 300 from a TJ.
Suppose I purchase his used flipped 300 and ran it with stock axles. If I ever went to bigger axles with a pass drop, would It be easy to flip it back over?

IIRC, you have to remove a portion of the D300 case when you flip it. I know there is a website where A guy did a write up installing the flip kit and he had to remove part of the case. I would attempt to find this write up, or find out how he flipped it. To be honest it would be best to sell the flipped D300 and buy a stock one and rebuild it. Flipped 300's are more rare then stock.

If you pass up the TC, can you please give me the guys info, I have been looking for one.

Thanks,

-Scott

Ill let you know if I pass. There is currently a cherry D300 on Ebay for $100.

If the price is good buy and swap the low range in to another if you want the pass drop and sell the fliped one to some one else.

If it's a DEO kit there are some things that mod the case and would need new/used parts to put back to stock.

This is from two years ago so bear with me.

IIRC

The shift fork shafts are different
One fork is different
The shifter bracket part of the front output bearing retainer is cut off
The input shaft bearing retainer is trimmed down and a sealed bearing is added
Might be more but you get the jist.

of course you might be able to trade out those parts(or whole case for that matter) with a buyer who has a stock d300

Or buy full width axles with Drivers side droop. I had thought that conventional wisdom was that converting to pass droop was a real pain

Back