• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

intake tubing issues

homey_15

NAXJA Forum User
i am in need of some 2.5" ID flex tubing for the custom cold air intake i built for my 86 cherokee. right now, i'm using the crappy paper tube that came stock between the radiator support and the air cleaner base. i really need to get rid of this crap because i know its got splits in it, allowing my engine to breathe unfiltered air which is definetly not cool. i'm going to duct tape the splits for now, better than gaping holes but i want something that looks less crappy for a permanent solution. i've looked at dryer vent tubing but i cant find anything small enough. thanks in advance for all your help. by the way, if anyone else has a carbed' xj and wants some pics, just let me know and i'll get ya some and a description of how i did it.

Go to any local car stereo dealer that deals with JL Audio products. Ask them about their flex port system. They are available in a 2.5" diameter. Just order it without the port mouths (read $$$ here) The down side to this is it will be expensive,and you'll probably get WAY more tubing than you need(I think it comes in 10' sections),but you'll have some for your friends to use :)

sounds like we may have a winner here. what is the tubing made of (plastic i would assume?) also, exactly how expensive are we talkin here?

I have no idea how much $$. I used to work for a shop that carried it,so I got my stuff for free (leftovers). Yeah,it's plastic. It's a spiral-wound stuff like the rigid dryer vent tubing. You can make it smaller or larger in diameter by tighten or loosening the spiral. I MAY have a small piece lying around somewhere. How much would it be worth to you for me to risk getting lost in the jungle that is my garage looking for it? :laugh:

i need about 2.5 feet, if you have that much, i'll give ya 10 bucks for it

that tubing appears to be pretty top notch stuff but i'm poor and the cheapest stuff they got that'll work is 45 bucks so i'm still on the lookout for some air duct. by the way, there are some pretty cool NACA scoops on that site for 15 bucks thatd be awesome for hood venting purposes.

Back