• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Problem

jjchgo

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 96 xj. i went to turn my lights on and yanked the whole nob(headlight switch) out. i can put it back in and turn on the interior lights but i'm not able to turn on the exterior lights...like its not catching on something to turn the exterior lights on. anyone got any idea how to fix this? what parts am i gonna need? thanks in advance.

cheers,

jj

Sounds like you need a new switch. Did the knob/shaft go all the way in when you reattached it? Will it still come out in your hand when you pull on it? The switch has a little button on it, behind the dash, that you have to depress to take the knob/shaft out. If it did it once, it will probably do it again, and I would recommend you put a new switch in. HTH Don

yeah i can put it all the back in...and it also comes all the way out into your hand if you pull on it. well looks like i will be getting a new switch. can you pick these up at track auto/auto zone type places or do i have to deal with a dealership. thanks for your help.

cheers,

jj

Any parts store should have it for about 10 clams

Back