• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment w/ homebrew longarms?

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
Just going over my checklist for the longarms and was wondering if making the arms themselves adjustable is the only way to fine tune the alignment. I was planning on adding the adjustability to the arms after I get it all together (Cuz I'm broke, and anxious), but then the thought of alignment struck me.
Thanks!
Billy

PS - I searched here, POR, and even JU and found nothing! Maybe I'm just paranoid :eek:

JeepFreak21 said:
Just going over my checklist for the longarms and was wondering if making the arms themselves adjustable is the only way to fine tune the alignment. I was planning on adding the adjustability to the arms after I get it all together (Cuz I'm broke, and anxious), but then the thought of alignment struck me.
Thanks!
Billy

PS - I searched here, POR, and even JU and found nothing! Maybe I'm just paranoid :eek:

Yes you should make the uppers and lowers adjustable. The lower adjustment will allow you to make the axle square with the vehicle and to adjust wheelbase, and the adjustable uppers will allow you to adjust the caster.

JeepFreak21 said:
Gary, you know any place locally that carries 1"-1.5" B-7 all thread?

no, I used 1.25 in coarse thread grade 8 bolts that I got at Blue Collar, they didn't have fine thread. I also bought two extra nuts and cut them in half for Jam nuts. They did loosen up on me a couple of times, then I tightened them really good and tack welded the jam nuts to the actual nuts and that was the end of the problem. I called around to a few nut and bolt places and none had what I needed in stock, and special ordering was expensive.

Back