• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

?'s about 3'' for 2000 Jeep Cherokee

hazelnark

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to put a 3'' Rusty lift Add-A-Leaf Kit and I was wondering if the transfer case drop would be enough or if I would need a new driveshaft. Also would it make my car ride rougher or does it casue the Jeep to have problems down the road b/c of lifting it. If someone could let me know about the tcase drop and driveshaft question that would be cool....Thanks Hazelnark

hazelnark said:
I am looking to put a 3'' Rusty lift Add-A-Leaf Kit and I was wondering if the transfer case drop would be enough or if I would need a new driveshaft. Also would it make my car ride rougher or does it casue the Jeep to have problems down the road b/c of lifting it. If someone could let me know about the tcase drop and driveshaft question that would be cool....Thanks Hazelnark

OK.... the first answer I will give you.... search the forums. This topic has been covered plenty of times.

Second answer..... the tcase drop... will most likely not fix the problem for you, although seem to have success with it. After you heed the above advice, you will find out that till you try it, you won't know...

transfer case drop w/ three inch lift? It's not necissary, dont worry about the drive shafts, 3 inches isn't enough height to create any vibrations, atleast that has been the case for me and others I know. But my honest opinion is save your money for something better than a Rusty's 3" aal. A lot of people who have bought Rusty's products find them to be weak and cheaply made. In all honesty I would wait till you can afford a more quality company, like RE (not that there arn't other company's, but RE would give you good quality for a reasonable price), and purchase full leaf packs. Just my .02

Warren said:
transfer case drop w/ three inch lift? It's not necissary, dont worry about the drive shafts, 3 inches isn't enough height to create any vibrations, atleast that has been the case for me and others I know

Warren.... I'm sorry to say, but you don't know what you're talking about :D The newer XJ's are notorious for vibe problems even with a smalll lift and some have been known to have vibe problems from the factory lot. To add more, I remember reading a whole article about a situation where someone got the factory to install an SYE for him cause his vibes were so bad...

Anyways, with newer Jeeps, it's important to expect vibes and have some $$ aside to deal with them (or just have general plans to deal with them) and if/when they don't happen... just be happy about it and use the $$ for something else.

Kejtar

Back