• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cage pictures wanted

fatwreck

NAXJA Forum User
I've been doing a bunch of research lately and trying to see what I like and what I don't like about cages.

Some of them have good triagulation and some of them don't have any.

I'd like to have a good compromise between super stout and something that is still functional for a 4 door that retains the usage of the back seat.

Feel free to email any pics to me at [email protected] if you can't post them. I'll post some of the pics that I have a little later....having server issues right now.

Thanks.

cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg

cage3.jpg

Re: webshots: is it safe to hang off an exo cage like that? :rolleyes:

Some of those unsupported bends look like elbows waiting to fold over...

I think you are right to ask about pictures of good cages.

Beezil said:
I like the added-in headliner...

nice touch.

the inside of the xj can get real noisy without something like that

That is Paul Sinclair's Jeep.

It's an ameoba thing.

mark

anyone know roughly how many feet of tube was used in the white xj with the nice headliner and mastercraft seats?

i dont expect an exact answer but any rough estimates for future reference?

My rough guess would be about 100 ft. I don't know that for sure though. Can anyone confim....in general.....how much tubing it takes?

At 100 ft., it appears that the tubing will weight approx. 205 lbs. for 1.75" .120 wall DOM. And it will also cost about $260.

Beezil said:
he musta used 3m sprayglue or something like that do get the stuff affixed to the roofline.

me likey.

Yes he did use spray glue for the head liner and JB Weld for holding the tubes together. :D

mark

fatwreck said:

I like the shock mounting...

I was doing some numbers on that last night...

I decided that for 6.5in of up travel and 7in of down travel (Rancho 5012 shocks) the rear axle at full stuff/drop with the shocks mounted on top of the leaf U-bolt plate out-side the unibody frame with a full with rear axle it will fit... (9in from inside of rear tire to edge of unibody frame...

cool to see a pic of it.

PhatXJ said:
Why not flip the shock around so you could seal the floor around the shock. I guess you'd just have to hope that it didn't move around to much :D

Can't do it Dave. You ID'd the reason yourself.
Also, the only shock you can run inverted is a non-gas charged shock and even then, they do not function ideally inverted.

You certainly could just re-tub around the shock though. Nothing dictates where the inside floorpan has to be.

JeepFreak21 said:
Dayum! I like that. Who's is it and do you have any more pics (specifically of the front?)

No more pics or info on cages for me? C'mon....hook me up.:D

That cage/shock mount is from cagedxj. He's the guy that builds the doors guards that everyone has been enjoying. Here's a pic of those and another one of the front of his cage:
IMG_2838.JPG

cage4.jpg

Back