• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Soundbar, radio, and light questions 94

Dragonlich1961

NAXJA Forum User
Couple questions about radios.
I curently have installed a aftermarket radio (kenwood i beleive)
Two door with front and hatch speakers. no tweeters
Laterly i picked up a sound bar. with harness for $20 out the door. Yay jy
I know which color wire is supost to run to the speakers, since i have the harness.
What i want to know is how the plugs in the rear quarter are supost to be wired. Which wires are supost to go to which plug. (8 pin or 4 pin)? Nothing back there, as far as i can tell has been modified or changed from a factory set up.
From what I have found I think who ever made my harnesses was drunk.
My car origianly came with no rear speakers. this was bought as a replacement for my last one(94), which was totaled. so i took the wiring from the old hatch and swapped it with the new. Plugged everything together and nothing worked. Turns out the wires were pinned in the conectors diffrently. some even in diffrent conectors. So i had to swap the body harness as well to get everything to wire up right and function.(from donor) Both cars were 94 two doors.(I'm assuming one is a early 94 and the other late since (donor) was r12 ac and the new was 134.

also is it safe to run an extra two speakers on the factory wiring? Nothing big. just stock replacement size (5.25) speakers. Im not looking for killer sound that will rattle every loose panel in the car. i just want my tunes.

I also can't get the light to function that came with the sound bar. which is also pinned diffrenly in the quarter panel. the upbove headliner conector matches the sound bar wiring(flat 3 pin). as far i a can tell i have got a short to ground with that light plugged in. unplugged is fine.

Everything i have found tells me this should be a plug and play deal. It certianly is not, for my aplication.

Back