• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diesel Fuel Flush???

What exactly do you mean when you say 'flush'?

Yes it works. It's old school. You can use atf as well, also seafoam. I usually add .5 to1 qt of atf to my oil a day or two before my oil change. Diesel is more aggressive tho.

You can use atf as well, also seafoam. I usually add .5 to1 qt of atf to my oil a day or two before my oil change.
I use to do the ATF thing occasionally with my last Jeep with 290K on the ticker. No idea if it did anything, but I liked to think so. I also ran Delo 15W40 in it, which supposedly has a higher detergent content (and is cheaper).

Over the years I have typically run a quart of MMO with 5 quarts of oil, because most oil change specials are 5 quarts and a filter for XX.XX price.
I still run a quart of MMO, with 5+ quarts of oil. Both my XJ and MJ are Renix, and I found a larger metric-thread filter. Which adds approx .5 quarts.
At least once a year I use Berryman's B-12 Chemtool in the crankcase. Basically the same as Seafoam, but half the price, at least a day or so if not a few hundred miles before oil change. Oldtimers swear buy using it for the whole oil change interval, but it is a solvent-based product. I have done it, with no ill-effects, but YMMV.
I keep at least one bottle of MMO in all my vehicles, as it is a universal fluid for oil-based items. DO NOT RUN IN YOUR COOLING SYSTEM.
Once a month I use either MMO, or B-12 in my fuel tank. Once a year or so, I use B-12 through the BB vac tube to help clean out the top end and such.

Over the years I have typically run a quart of MMO with 5 quarts of oil, because most oil change specials are 5 quarts and a filter for XX.XX price.
I still run a quart of MMO, with 5+ quarts of oil. Both my XJ and MJ are Renix, and I found a larger metric-thread filter. Which adds approx .5 quarts.
At least once a year I use Berryman's B-12 Chemtool in the crankcase. Basically the same as Seafoam, but half the price, at least a day or so if not a few hundred miles before oil change. Oldtimers swear buy using it for the whole oil change interval, but it is a solvent-based product. I have done it, with no ill-effects, but YMMV.
I keep at least one bottle of MMO in all my vehicles, as it is a universal fluid for oil-based items. DO NOT RUN IN YOUR COOLING SYSTEM.
Once a month I use either MMO, or B-12 in my fuel tank. Once a year or so, I use B-12 through the BB vac tube to help clean out the top end and such.
What's the larger filter? I use a Ford filter on my H.O. and my wife's 01 WJ they are larger.

sent by my Arse because my hands are full.

Back