• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33s and lift w/o trimming.

johnMZ24

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I have procomp 4inch full leafs with 1inch drop shackle , iron rock offroad 4 1/2"front coils with 5/8s isolator. I had 31s on it and recently i got 33s. They rub when turning and the back rub at flexing. I dont wana cut the fenders but how much should i go up to clear the 33s for less rubbing? I have a tcase drop with an extended yoke on the driveshaft. I will be getting a hackntap sye shortly abd a CAD. My control arms arent stock but arent adjustable. I wana do an add a leaf in back and replace my coils but im not sure what size il need. Il post a pic on lunch.

You can add to your bumpstops but you really need to trim in order to take advantage of your suspension travel.

So even if i say to add an inch or inch n a half it wouldnt make a difference without trimming? If i have to then i guess il trim it haha

Here's mine 4.5" 33s and Napier fender flares. Makes a perfect daily driver and does good off road:
548a768ebf9d55079b713c1a69301e0e.jpg

9e2f4f997b112452d2a976d3b97921d9.jpg

I think I could probably stuff 35s if I wanted.

Correct.. The wheel wells weren't designed for anything bigger than a 31/32, you're better off trimming and doing flairs to keep it legal.

If you really wanna keep the stock flares then I suggest going up another 2" to completely clear 33s. Trimming is not that difficult when you have the right tools

Im going to do the trimming to the front. The back tho, im iffy with trimming. Can i put a 1inch block just to raise it to be equal to the front? I really dont wana buy new leaf packs just again or new shackles since i have them.

Im going to do the trimming to the front. The back tho, im iffy with trimming. Can i put a 1inch block just to raise it to be equal to the front? I really dont wana buy new leaf packs just again or new shackles since i have them.

I haven't trimmed my rears yet and I run 4.5" lift with 33x12.50 and it does rub but only on full stuff. You could always bump stop the rear and not have to worry about it. For the front, you'll need a big hammer to flatten the seam inside the wheel wells too.

Don't "trim" the back. Cut several notches, avoiding the spot welds, and then bend them up with a big hammer. Not hard to do. Just be sure not to notch to high.

Shackle boxes and bump stops also work. Or, grab a set of Dodge Ram shackles which are 1.5-2" longer than stock and use them. Maybe $5 a set at a junk yard.

Trimming is the way to go. I resisted for years because I didn't feel right cutting up the body, especially in the back. I finally decided to go for it last summer and picked up a set of napier flat flares. They look great and now I have 32's on between 2 and 2.5" of lift with no rub (OK, theres a slight rub againt front LCA at full left turn only, but I really have to crank the wheel to get the rub). Trimming will get you all the space you need. Just take the time to do it right and it's really not a big deal. Gives you a lot more clearance for bigger tires.

Back