• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical help needed.

B-17 guy

NAXJA Forum User
I have two issues with my 98 xj.
The blower motor is not working at all.
And the fuel gauge is not working, needle is on E, but the low fuel light is not on. Yes, there is fuel in it.
Where is the first places I should look for each issue?

Did they both start at the same time?

Previous owner problems....

What I do know is the blinker and hazards didn't work, put a relay in and fixed that. But the fuel gauge and blower motor don't work. Got other things that need fixed but I know my way around those better. I'm terrible with electrical.

Dammit. Just asked the previous owner about the blower. He said when he got it, the blower was hard wired directly from the battery. Damn previous owners!!!!!!! Now I gotta figure this out!!!

Upon inspection of the factory set up, I can't find any problems. I just need to power blower directly to see if it works. And if it gets power in the first place. But I have checked fuses, good there. The kid I bought it from put a new resistor in and it's never been used, so good there. Just hoping the blower itself is bad, easy fix.

Back