• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sport/comfort switch in an HO

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So the local yard had a couple briarwoods that were mostly intact, out of a 91 I grabbed the transmission switch......I know the HO tranny's are wire for power all the time but I was wondering if this switch would work in my 92 as a plug and play or if it is even worth trying to splice in

That would be cool, probably pulling the dash surround later today to check, if there's no connector back there I'll just wire aux lights into the switch later on....or compressor

Honestly, my Renix heep always drove better and seemed to get better milage with the power mode on. I hardwired the circuit to power so I could use the switch for something else.

From the countless posts I've read on it it's like asking someone republican or democrat, the other guy is always wrong. I just think it would be cool to have the option since I drive like a grandpa

I like having the option. It does shift a little weird but it improves mileage too. I am thinking about installing the Transgo AW4 shift kit to tighten up the shifts, then comfort mode will feel a little tighter and still get the economy

in my humble opinion its a great option, i have an export 1994 xj Limited with the sport/comfort mode,

from my experience the comfort mode changes gears at a lower RPM and locks up the torque converter at a lower speed, so bumbling around the suburbs i get better fuel economy, then with the flip of the switch i can have the trans shift gears at a higher RPM , so for towing or off road i use the power mode, and for general duties the comfort.

if you can make it work i think you will like it

in my humble opinion its a great option, i have an export 1994 xj Limited with the sport/comfort mode,

from my experience the comfort mode changes gears at a lower RPM and locks up the torque converter at a lower speed, so bumbling around the suburbs i get better fuel economy, then with the flip of the switch i can have the trans shift gears at a higher RPM , so for towing or off road i use the power mode, and for general duties the comfort.

if you can make it work i think you will like it

How did you get it working in your 94

Back