• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake pedal buzzer?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
87 cherokee,
Every time I press the brakes I hear a buzzer sound under the dash. Any one know what it could be? It starts at the same time the lights engage.

Just found a post on cherokee forum pointing to the ancient cruise control system. I've pulled it all from under the hood but I'll check under the dash tomorrow.

found this, doesnt say anything about dropping the trans, i think you can do this your self.....
Using a blunt tool such as a drift or a screwdriver and a hammer, strike the bottom edge of the cup plug.
With the cup plug rotated, grasp firmly with pliers or other suitable tool and remove plug.
INSTALLATION
Thoroughly clean inside of cup plug hole in cylinder block or head. Be sure to remove old sealer.
Be certain the new plug is cleaned of all oil or grease.

Coat edges of plug and core hole with Mopar Gasket Maker, or equivalent. CAUTION: DO NOT drive cup plug into the casting, as restricted coolant flow can result and cause serious engine problems.
Using proper plug drive, drive cup plug into hole. The sharp edge of the plug should be at least0.50 mm (0.020 inch) inside the lead-in chamfer.
It is not necessary to wait for curing of the sealant. The cooling system can be filled and the vehicle placed in service immediately for more information you can visit armored cars hope i offered some help

78251814.gif.html

Back