• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a 1994-1996? Need some photos please?

Crist Clapper

NAXJA Forum User
Interior and Exterior close-up's of your third-brake-light? I'm thinking of adding it to my 1987 XJ.

333LIGHT.png

I tried putting a third brake light in my 90 XJ...yet I couldn't figure out how the light attached. So I looked at a fellow Jeepers XJ...the hatch mount is different than a 94-96. I belive the best way to do it is to use the whole tailgate panel. Alas,I went on to other more important things. I think I still have the light fixture if you want it, for shipping. I'll rummage around if you are interested.

I say go to a junkyard and have a day playing around for $2. That way you can get the part and trace wires and such.

Got one!

We don't have u-pull-it's around here... Some legal/liability thing! :) But... My local salvage yard pulled me one today. Thanks all for the help!

That sucks, remind me to never move there...lol I love being able to go to a Junkyard and for $2 learn how to not screw up my Jeep by destroying the same part on another Jeep.

Never thought to check for extra wires in the lift-gate... Good idea... Thanks!

I added one in the '89.
If you don't have a power hatch lock (if it was an option in '87), there are probably extra wires that aren't used in the hatch you can use.
Just tap into the brake light wiring in the panel behind the spare.
Mike

Back