• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust clamps/coupling

Jbh97009

NAXJA Forum User
So I've got to pull the exhaust on the 95 to remove the rear upper control arm (tnt 4 link) because the ass hat that did the exhaust didn't put enough bend in the pipe to get said bolt out. :smsoap:

Im not a fan of taking my jeep in to a 'shop' if I don't absolutely have too. Gets too spendy and you never know what your gonna end up with. So, since there is a flange just behind the cat, I'm thinking I can unbolt it, remove the rear section, then cut the front section (in front of the long arm cross member) and remove that section. Problem is everything is tucked up in there so tight, I can't weld it back together, and I don't think there is room for another flange.... So, any of you guys used anything like this:
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1070_1331&products_id=60

This would save me welding it, and get me back up and running. I plan on redoing the exhaust later so I don't have to deal with removing the entire exhaust just to remove a control arm.

Do they work decent? Do they leak? Or should I just bite the bullet and redo the whole exhaust?

Ok, thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it!

I'm gonna order a couple (just to have) and do that for now. I'll have the exhaust redone in the spring....

Cool, thanks! I'm gonna give it a shot. Ended up having to cut in 2 places (and still couldn't get the middle section out) but moved it enough to get the bolt out....

The front cut I think I'll throw the clamp on, and where I cut the rear there is plenty of room to get in and weld all the way around...

Back