• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bypassing Factory Infiniti Amp 2001 XJ

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I need info on bypassing the factory amp in my brother's 2001 XJ Classic. If anyone has access to an FSM/wiring diagram or if you've done this before could you please post up wiring colors?

Thanks in advance!
-Collin

What's the reason? The Infinity amps of that era are speaker level input units. IE: You can just use the speaker level outputs of an aftermarket deck to drive it. Regardless you have mail....

What's the reason? The Infinity amps of that era are speaker level input units. IE: You can just use the speaker level outputs of an aftermarket deck to drive it. Regardless you have mail....
This XJ didn't come one with one at all, the previous owner used it in subwoofer contests (whatever they call those) where you see who's system is the loudest. He stripped all of the factory components out and I'm trying to put it back together. Right now I have no sound coming out of any of the speakers. The amp that I had laying around is apparently shorted because even with it plugged in I still get no sound. Thanks for pm!

If anyone else has done this please post up your experience.

Thanks,
Collin

Back