• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 XJ no crank and no gas

JeepNovice

NAXJA Forum User
So I got a dead XJ a week ago. previous owner said it had a bad fuel pump, he stated he replaced starter, alternator and cps. I was just working with a friend and changed distributor cap and rotor. When the jeep is trying to crank the asd relay makes an ongoing noise until key goes to off. There is a wire hanging off the connector to coil, it is black and white. I am not sure if it is a grounding wire. Also, there are times when there is fuel pressure and there are times when there is none. I am not sure where to go from here. :confused1 odometer gives a code of No bus, so i figure computer was bad, i put a junk yard computer with similar numbers and there was no difference. Please help!

Last edited:
Ok. "NO BUS" may be indicating an internally shorted CPS.

Unplug the CPS and see if the "NO BUS" goes away.

Just figured it out it was an ungrounded wire by coil in coil connection. Just gotta clean up the ground and make sure there is no open wires there. freaking pumped!

Will she fire off now?

Oh yea she did once we grounded wire. I still gotta clean up bolt and tug wires in so they aren't open. It's the mount right under the coil bolt is lose and not grounded. Will do this tomorrow along w oil change and new spark plugs.

Good catch.

Enjoy.

Back