• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tcase ?/need opinions

KTMqdracer

NAXJA Forum User
99 w/ 231, stock height, 44 rear

I'm getting a deep drone coming from my drivetrain and some very slight vibes from 60mph and up. I think its coming from the tail housing of the Tcase as there is some play if I push/pull on the driveshaft. (have yet to pull the shaft and drive it)

My thought is to go ahead and do a JB sye now instead of rebuilding the stock part, just not sure if I should because I plan to lift it in the near future and dont want to pay for a custom shaft now and then have to modify again. Hoping a stock front shaft will work for the time being

Any thoughts on this?

Diagnose and locate the problem before you start throwing random parts at a problem. Yes, pull the rear drive shaft. Are the the slip yoke splines worn ? U-joints are a cheap, easy, and logical first step. Once you know what you have, you can form a plan for repairs.

Back