• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Suspension

HotChiliRam

NAXJA Forum User
I want to replace my 4,5" Rubicon Express short Arm suspension for a Iron Rock 6,5" Critical Path (Currently I have a set of spacers over my coils so I'm running 6,5+" of Lift), I want to know if this kit worth the money or not? If not, any suggestion?

i run the iron rock kit with dana 60's and 42's and have never had a issue, its hands down the best kit out there:guitar:

Now I have a 4,5" RE Short Arm
Rough Country Xtreme Drop Brackets
2" Spacers in Front
Stock HP D30 with Iron Rock Shafts
Bilstein 5150 12" in Front
Bilstein 5150 10" in Rear
Ford 8.8 in Rear
SYE
HD Driveshaft
33" Tires
15x10 Wheels
5.3L Vortec V8
4L60E Tranny
Lots of other stuffs. :)

I want to go to 35's and keep my 33's for sand.
The stance that I have now is perfect with 6,5" and 33's, actually I rubb my tires badly with this configuration and trust me, I Have trimmed a lot my fenders. (F & R)

What's wrong with the caster in the Iron Rock Kit??
its a big pile of shit and i dont see it holding up to a 5.3
I want to go to 35's and keep my 33's for sand.
The stance that I have now is perfect with 6,5" and 33's, actually I rubb my tires badly with this configuration and trust me, I Have trimmed a lot my fenders. (F & R)
your doin somthin wrong, i had 33 with 3" of lift mild trimming and zero rub issues, current rig had 5" and 38's soon to be 42's

Here we go again, "it will fail, people will die". Do we have 1 example of this yet? No, I don't mean the 1 bent adjuster, that didn't actually fail. My wifes wj still runs the iro kit, wheels great and does fine. Done the rubicon and the dusy ershim no problems. Because of all the people who are convinced it won't hold up, I checkit regularly. No signs of wear or deformation. Holding up fine to 35's and a 4.7L v8 in the real world. Yes I have pictures to prove this. Is it a weird set up? Yes. Would an adjustabe link be stronger? Probably. Has anyone ever had a failure? Not that I've seen, and with the sheer number of you guys waiting to say I told you so, if there were one, it would be posted on every forum as soon as it happened. Great flex, good price, and excellent customer service. I say run it, definate upgrade over short arm re kit.

its a big pile of shit and i dont see it holding up to a 5.3

your doin somthin wrong, i had 33 with 3" of lift mild trimming and zero rub issues, current rig had 5" and 38's soon to be 42's

WTF??!! First you say a good thing and no you throw the kit to the trash....... Sorry, I'm a little confused right now..... :)

I'm really happy with my 5.5 kit. If I had it to do again I would just build my own 3 link. The IRO is a good bolt on solution, and the adjuster is no big deal. You will need to make bump stops and limit straps, they are not included in the kit and imperative IMHO. I'm running 35s with cut fenders and no rubbing on my 5.5 IRO.

IROJunk_zpsf51d064a.jpg

Good enough for me to not consider thier kit.

I refuse to leave my front end secured in place by a 10mm bolt.

If it goes, its taking out other things with it.

-not a fan of the adjuster either
-wont work on any axles with a larger pumpkin
-its a radius arm
- rubber bushings in a suspension that has 3 axle mounting points brings the lame, axle wrap,hop, and shudder.

Some people seem to be happy with it. But what everyone wants from a suspension setup is different, and not everyone wheels the same, on the same level of trails/ obstacles.

Last edited:
I am happy with the kit. Installed properly it works amazingly well. Flex is unmatched.
. For the money it cant be beat in my
opinion. My rig is pretty bastardized but suspension lift is primarily IRO . Its a beast on the trail ,but its very noisy. I think the coils are mostly to blame. Flexes so much coils drop out of the pocket. I should run limit straps. I think there Re going to be haters regardless. Heres a short clip of my rig wheeling at Fordyce. Had to winch the other two rigs with me up .. Warngler on 37s and another XJ with RE Lift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7I3zgrXUnY

I refuse to leave my front end secured in place by a 10mm bolt.

So says a LOT of people running a factory track bar bolt. Don't know whats in your rig, but if Jeep can sell the Cherokee with a 10mm bolt holding the panhard rod in place... I'm personally not going to worry about IRO's bolt.

I am happy with the kit. Installed properly it works amazingly well. Flex is unmatched.
. For the money it cant be beat in my
opinion. My rig is pretty bastardized but suspension lift is primarily IRO . Its a beast on the trail ,but its very noisy. I think the coils are mostly to blame. Flexes so much coils drop out of the pocket. I should run limit straps. I think there Re going to be haters regardless. Heres a short clip of my rig wheeling at Fordyce. Had to winch the other two rigs with me up .. Warngler on 37s and another XJ with RE Lift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7I3zgrXUnY

irolongarms_zps370fa83d.jpg

Back