• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer brake

gird123

NAXJA Forum User
I have a small tent trailer with electric brakes, so i bought a brake controller and the 30 amp fuse. There are 4 wires. battery +, ground, brake lights, brake to trailer connector. I have searched and i could not find a good pic or info on where to tie the trailer connector under the dash.

I thought that since it already has the 7 pin connector it might have a plug under the dash?

My 94 did not, I had to tie into the brake lead with a tap.

Ok so i finally figured it out. I'm slow. On the brake pedal the wire is white with a tan strip. I could not find the blue one so i finally followed it from the factory 7 pin connector. it ran by the drive side door and right up the wall to the dash and zip tied to the bundle of wires between the bundle and the fire wall was the blue wire with a tag that said brake controller! I looked for my camera and could not find it. Drug the tent trailer around the block and it works great.

Nate

Back