• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

decisions decisions

kayle666

NAXJA Forum User
first off im posting this here in so cal because i wheel here so i want opinions from my fellow so cal terrain knowing folk.

so as some of you know im running 33 12.5 15 firestone destination M/T's.

i took them off the xj to put on the tj for a BB trip and they are still on the tj. they have some cuts from where my front fenders have got em because i havent bump stopped yet, and a plug from the BB trip. tread is about 85-90%.

i just bought some 33 12.5 15 mtr's and need to decide what tires are going on what. ill be buying another set of soft 8's after i sell my canyons and another set of rims that i decided not to use.

xj- expo rig
tj- eventually a crawler after im done with the build on the xj.

im leaning twords the xj having the mtr's because they have more diverse tread pattern. but then the Kevlar walls are great for the rocks that the tj will be seeing.

and then i start thinking that whatever tire balances better should go on the xj for ride comfort. then i started thinking about mall crawling and whats gonna look better on what? BAH!

opinions?
thanks!
cheers!

The MTR's look great on our mall crawler. :)

I hear Firestone tires are wicked RTI ramp climbers.

first off im posting this here in so cal because i wheel here so i want opinions from my fellow so cal terrain knowing folk.

so as some of you know im running 33 12.5 15 firestone destination M/T's.

i took them off the xj to put on the tj for a BB trip and they are still on the tj. they have some cuts from where my front fenders have got em because i havent bump stopped yet, and a plug from the BB trip. tread is about 85-90%.

i just bought some 33 12.5 15 mtr's and need to decide what tires are going on what. ill be buying another set of soft 8's after i sell my canyons and another set of rims that i decided not to use.

xj- expo rig
tj- eventually a crawler after im done with the build on the xj.

im leaning twords the xj having the mtr's because they have more diverse tread pattern. but then the Kevlar walls are great for the rocks that the tj will be seeing.

and then i start thinking that whatever tire balances better should go on the xj for ride comfort. then i started thinking about mall crawling and whats gonna look better on what? BAH!

opinions?
thanks!
cheers!

I would say leave the Firestone on the TJ, and put the MTR-k's on the XJ.
You have ZJ or TJ canyons? If ZJ, pending condition/price, I may be interested in 1 or 2 to have a matching spare wheel.

Oh my god cracker your so right!!! what would we ever do without you???? you know everything about the UNIVERSE!! THE XJ,TJ,YJ,JK,CJ,WJ,ZJ, you are jeep master 2.5!!!!!!!! how will i ever get to your level of knowledge? :doh::spam::doh::spam:

but seriously im looking for an opinion by someone that actually matters and doesn't make their decisions based upon whatever hip MTV show tells them too. sorry aVERY you opinions are like your attitude......worthless. hasta:cheers:

I have a pic for the "Mall Crawler" look part of the Q.

7125556479_889d234fb8_b.jpg

lol probably

what i probably should have said is Cracker an rti ramp is a tool just like you but usefull.

That is way better than the 4th grader comment made earlier :doh:

i doubt it, they'll go talk crap in the Den where Kayle cant see lol

Dan would know... :p

lol probably

what i probably should have said is Cracker an rti ramp is a tool just like you but usefull.

Cracker IS a tool... nothing new here :p

That is way better than the 4th grader comment made earlier :doh:

Calm down there "some college"

:p

Is it time for manifold burritos yet?

Back