• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fireworks ?

MELKORsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
When are you guys planning on doung fireworks?

The 4th is Wednesday, but not too many people will be at camp by then; save them for after big meal and raffle?, shoot some off every night? :dunno:

Didn't we do them Friday night after the pot luck dinner last year?

Nate, you are the fireworks guru. You tell us when they will launch.

I believe it was saturday, but we could do it friday.

I will blow things up whenever.

I think those of us that are there on the 4th should have a private show! :D

We better check with Stephen and make sure there isn't a burn ban there.

We better check with Stephen and make sure there isn't a burn ban there.

Good point! I will do some for the boys on the 4th.

I just figured i'd mention that. We have a fire ban here, I don't remember one around here in my entire life.

I think those of us that are there on the 4th should have a private show! :D

I cna't afford more than one night's worth of fireworks.

I'm pretty sure we spent more on fireworks last year than fuel.

and that says a lot when you get 10 MPG.

just called and talked with Stephen at the campground.

There is a burn ban in effect, fireworks are included.

The professional stuff will go off in Harlan proper, but no backyard fireworks allowed this year.

sad panda :(

At least Mike will sleep well that night, right?

They are allowing camp fires right? As long as they are in an approved camp fire pit???

Camping isn't camping without a camp fire... plus I sorta need a fire to cook on...

just called and talked with Stephen at the campground.

There is a burn ban in effect, fireworks are included.

The professional stuff will go off in Harlan proper, but no backyard fireworks allowed this year.

sad panda :(

What!!! No fireworks!?!?

Way to throw a blanket on the 4th of July.

They are allowing camp fires right? As long as they are in an approved camp fire pit???

Camping isn't camping without a camp fire... plus I sorta need a fire to cook on...

I thought about that. Hopefully it's not like burn bans in NC where it means no fire, period. Not even in a pit, and not even on a wide open beach as I learned last summer.

At least Mike will sleep well that night, right?

LOL! Nice one!

I thought about that. Hopefully it's not like burn bans in NC where it means no fire, period. Not even in a pit, and not even on a wide open beach as I learned last summer.

I did not realize they would do that!

I'm bringing our fire bowl, it's got a spark arresting cover, so that is a "contained" fire.

What!!! No fireworks!?!?

Way to throw a blanket on the 4th of July.

sorry bud, blame "the man"

Hopefully if they get some rain first of the week the ban will be lifted. Otherwise, no fireworks.

I've already blown up a tent, I can't be responsible for setting the mountain on fire.

Back