• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Trim Molding

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
I know a couple of guys have said that they use the door trim from Autozone to cover their trimmed fenders...I saw some today, but the only one I found was pretty small....it would do the job, but wouldn't cover much....Anyone know the sizing of the door trim people are using?

seach threads by crazyjim, i know hes posted a link a few times to a quality strip of molding.

the AZ stuff usually comes in 18', more than enough to do the fronts twice. ive used it... in hot weather, the glue turns to goop and it starts to fall off. in cold, it just doesnt stick. it looks nice for about a month if your lucky. if you want to make it last, youll have to add your own adhesive of some sort.

The stuff i got from oriellys did just like VAhasnoWAVES said. its a pain to get to go back on while cold too. Im gonna try to stick it back on with black weather strip adhesive

I used door molding from AZ. But it wasn't the U shaped one. It was the surface mount style. Much better. Hasn't come off yet. Might give that a try

I go to Home depot and buy the lawn edging. It fits so tight you dont have to use any glue to keep it on and its cheap as heck!

The stuff you're looking for is "Trim-Lok". The link Ronbo posted is the exact stuff I bought, and the exact same company on ebay. Stuff works great. Nice tight fit and has a glue type stuff inside, first time the sun hits it, it's on for good.

The stuff you see in this picture is what it looks like:

a646d905.jpg

Back