• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

someone asked me to find a trouble maker from KOH

no drama, just someone doing things they shouldn't have been on the race course causing problems for one of the teams.

no drama, just someone doing things they shouldn't have been on the race course causing problems for one of the teams.

Um, why did you have to search it out? We all know it was Avery and Julio.

That was me, I can post the picture with his lisence plate when I get home.

Some fat, white trash moron with a 2wd pickup way out near the remote pits, got stuck 100 ft from the race course, someone in a bronco pulled him out and I walked over wearing my orange vest and explained he couldn't go there and needed to turn around, then he proceeded to drive straight forward onto the race course and get stuck again. BLM was watching the whole things and they were EXTREMELY mad. Got him pulled off the course just in time to not get hit, since he was just around a tight corner. Idiot tried to drive off but had to get pulled out of the sand again about 200 yds down the road.

I doubt it's anyone that would hang out on any offroad boards so finding out who it is won't do us any good, but if anyone happens to see him please punch him in the face for me.

Then there's the dirt biker that tried to run me over when I yelled at him to get off the race course, but I wasn't able to get a picture of him.

Then there's the dirt biker that tried to run me over when I yelled at him to get off the race course, but I wasn't able to get a picture of him.

In his defense I'd try to run you over as well. :banghead:

Its cute that you rock crawler guys are getting all butthurt over non race vehicles on the race track.... is this the first desert race youve been to? Your $20 HI-VIS vest from home depot doesnt put you in charge.

Its an open race course, on public land... GET OVER IT.

And if that guy on the course that doesn't belong gets hurt by a vehicle in the race that is another mark against the sport and another reason to stop allowing them. Much like when those spectators were killed when a couple trucks crashed during a race last year I believe. The safer it is for everyone, even spectators, allows us to keep participating in our sport, driving or watching.

Its cute that you rock crawler guys are getting all butthurt over non race vehicles on the race track.... is this the first desert race youve been to? Your $20 HI-VIS vest from home depot doesnt put you in charge.

You are very wrong. That vest does put them in charge for the area they are sent to manage. Its a closed course with a 150ft setback for spectators. Look up the permit for the event. Anyone not associated with the event inside that distance during race hours can get the race shut down. BLM is on site as well as a CHP helo for just this purpose.

You need to get over yourself and get with the program or we all lose.

k.

Sounds like you want to play a game of baseball.... nice and safe, nobody gets hurt.

But this aint baseball, this debate was gone over a million times after the california 200... The only answer, is to gate the entire track... and i wouldnt goto that race if someone paid me, you'd have to pay 3x the price for the fence rentals, and in general, it becomes lame as XXXX...

You can play the what-if's all you want, doesnt change the nature of the sport.

You guys should host it on a closed course next year.

You are very wrong. That vest does put them in charge for the area they are sent to manage. Its a closed course with a 150ft setback for spectators. Look up the permit for the event. Anyone not associated with the event inside that distance during race hours can get the race shut down. BLM is on site as well as a CHP helo for just this purpose.

You need to get over yourself and get with the program or we all lose.

k.

Thanks, you beat me to it.

It was either make it a closed course with exclusive use permits, or not have the race. Which would also give BLM one less reason not to give JV to 29 Palms.

Here we go, winner of complete idiot of the day award. This is as he was getting pulled out of the sand for the third time in 5 minutes.

P2100689.jpg
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w349/c08hornung/P2100689.jpg

Not really defending the guy but the course was very poorly marked in places. It wass very difficult to figure out where the course ran in many places. A group I was with had a hard time avoiding the course on Sunday when a race official couldn't seem to tell us where the spectator area was or where we should be driving to get there. It would help if there was a better map available to help the spectators find the right viewing areas.

Get real dude. It's not about some orange vest power trip, its about keeping people off the course. Clearly this guy is an idiot who has no regard for the fact that there's a race going on that he could interrupt. If you plan on crossing the course, you make sure it's clear, it's safe, and you get across as fast as possible. Obviously it wasn't safe if his truck kept getting stuck. Just because there aren't gates around the course doesn't give you the right to be an idiot.

The worst thing that happens from this crap - like others have stated - the gov will shut it down. We live under a government who thinks we are Stupid. If we can't put on a safe event, then we won't be allowed to do it anymore. No race, well why keep the desert open anymore? Military wants it. Might as well let them have it...

I'd rather NOT see that happen because there are people going to these races with their heads up their asses. Common sense goes a long way.

Back