• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein 7100 Re-valve??

Bilstein is in poway...I'm sure they can get you taken care of.

Yep, Bilstien is in Poway, and the people that work there are SUPER helpful and friendly. I think it was $65 for basic rebuild.

I am going to rebuild one myslef here soon. It looks pretty striaght foward. I took the shock apart, and it looks like just: Dismantle the piston, clean and put on new valving, replace the seal on the piston... put it back together, add oil, charge with nitrogen.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Bilstein is the place.....they were less $$ than any of the other shops I contacted, plus I know it will be done right.

They have the step by step rebuilding instructions on their site. I have been debating on rebuilding mine to revalve them stiffer but am still trying to figure out what valveing to go to. I have been running their 10" short bodys with number 5 valving for 5 or 6 years, always felt a little soft. But there next factory set up valving number 6 seems way too "stiff" like for a super duty. How would I go about figuring out a custom valve setup that works with my heavy ass armored jeep that occasionally sees 50 mph runs through the whoops?

John
(shit, not trying to hijack)

They have the step by step rebuilding instructions on their site. I have been debating on rebuilding mine to revalve them stiffer but am still trying to figure out what valveing to go to. I have been running their 10" short bodys with number 5 valving for 5 or 6 years, always felt a little soft. But there next factory set up valving number 6 seems way too "stiff" like for a super duty. How would I go about figuring out a custom valve setup that works with my heavy ass armored jeep that occasionally sees 50 mph runs through the whoops?

John
(shit, not trying to hijack)

There are plenty of valvings available that arent on the standard list. #5 is 255/70 so bumping up the compression and leaving the rebound alone would be 255/100 or so. With the heavy armor/ winch, etc you will still have a lowered rideheight though since thats a function of the spring.

Back