• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door lock actuator replacement

Dirt Yota

NAXJA Forum User
I have tried searching with no good answers. What can you do when the actuator is getting weak and you have to drill out the rivets in order to swap it out? new rivets? are there any bolts that can go in the rivets place?

Hopefully someone has the answer!

95 4door.:patriot:

I would also try lubing up the parts inside the door panel. That seemed to clear up the "weak" actuator problems in my 93. They were just sticky

I bought a set of thin body clips (like those that slide over the metal edge to allow the electric fan to bolt up to the top of the rad housing), installed them on the actuator and then used bolts to secure it. Seems to be holding up pretty well.

On my first attempt I tried to use bolts/nuts but I couldn't find an easy way to hold the nuts in place so I moved to this idea. Parts were readily available at Home Depot.

HTH
Todd

What kind of lube did you use? White Lithium? And where did you lube it up?

I went cheap with WD40
i opened up the doorpanels and found the mechanical parts inside were gummed up a bit

i hit all the parts that were moving, just flip the switch a bit with the panel open and look for the parts that try to move.

Back