• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest Countdown....30 days to get Stuff done

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
So, JV has the amazing ability to quickly establish the 'weak link' in a vehicle. Some of you are under the gun to get the last mods done before heading out there. We are at about 1 month away. What do you have left to do?

I have only a handful of things. I need to rebuild one leaf pack, finish my exhaust wrap sealing with an aerosol coating, and do a shakedown run with the new front end. I spent this evening wiring up my winch and spooling it.

2011-10-17_18-26-15_2.jpg

I need to respool my winch (thanks for reminding me) and convince the wife to let me go.

Set up Bump stops F/R, replace front inner axle seals, wire up an electric brake controller, find spare front FSJ axle shafts, hubs and driveshaft. tune up and check all fluids...the list is endless!

I need to finish installing my HD offroad mid stiffeners. Then tie the cage into them. Fab up my rear shock hoop, install gears and put my 35's on. Plus tons of small stuff

P.S. thanks for reminding me of the ton of work I have left!

Within that list there's no changing of bell housings on the Friday night before goatfest :greensmok

finish chassis
install suspension
build axles
install axles
build stroker
install stroker
rebuild aw4
install aw4
install atlas
build drivelines and install
install fuel cell
install plumbing
build steering, install
build dash
wire car
buy shocks
install shocks
buy wheels
mount tires
paint car

that was skipping the details, but i gotta get my ass in gear.

finish chassis
install suspension
build axles
install axles
build stroker
install stroker
rebuild aw4
install aw4
install atlas
install fuel cell
install plumbing
build steering, install
build dash
wire car
buy shocks
install shocks
buy wheels
mount tires
paint car

Is the jeep still at goatman's shop. Or has it been moved to your place?

I need to re-redesign the steering on the buggy and get the new parts installed.

And finish this XJ KOH car that we're building..........

Weld in replacement floor pan
Fix cracks around steering box bolt holes in the framerail
Weld shock mounts onto rear axle.
Other stuff

finish chassis
install suspension
build axles
install axles
build stroker
install stroker
rebuild aw4
install aw4
install atlas
install fuel cell
install plumbing
build steering, install
build dash
wire car
buy shocks
install shocks
buy wheels
mount tires
paint car

So what are you gonna do with the other 28 days you have left?

I just installed 2 new Spal 10" fans to keep it cool. Still need to figure out why I have a popping sound in the steering when I turn back from hard left. Might be my track bar frame brace attachment. Also need to map out the "no fly" zones so I can stay on the ground this time :D

I need to get the pop up tent trailer checked over for little things and maybe install some hook points to strap shit down in the rear of the jeep. Other than that, im good. this will be the 1st time the jeep is out in JV with the new axle set up and a 3 link.

Buy and mount new tires
Change oil
check fluids
change air filter
check all suspension components.
weld on rear bump stop (bolt broke off, then broke off easy out fml)
if time is available make it to crackers house for a trac bar brace.
buy lots of diet coke and water ( going to try and not drink this year lol)

See about getting new coil pads welded on. Maybe I'll see if Rick can help with that on Saturday as well as the cross member.
Fix bump stop towers and make plates for the Prothanes to seat against.
Swap steering boxes.
Hopefully find a new fan shroud.

Hopeful list
Make sure Ford is up to the task of dragging the Jeep out there.
Get camper back in bed
Get/rig straps to hold it in place (had to cut the original tie downs because they were seized and wouldn't move)

Oh yeah, and I would like to swap my gas tank out for the non dented one I have laying around and then install the gas tank skid.

Well since I'm not even trying to take the red Jeep I don't have any wrenching to do.

I just need to figure out if I can swing going out there, if I do I'll have my '96 and Sebastian with me and probably only do Saturday and Sunday. Work is keeping me away from home a bit lately so getting out to play gets more difficult.

Back