• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is that bad?

stapefist

NAXJA Forum User
poop.jpg

haha! Looks like you got hot!

I have a AUX battery where the air box was. One day driving to big bear the side of the battery melted. Luckily it is a AGM so i cut the melted side off and glued a new side onto the battery. I also made a heat shield... ghetto fab!

How in the hell did that happen? It looks like its just the air box that melted. Not the power steering res or intake tube.. Sooooo what did it?

That airbox'll buff right out, dude. Might need some baling/tiewire for the exhaust, though.

the airbox didnt melt until I was almost home climbin a fat hill. didn't much care about the separated flange as I was just loosing backpressure but still kickin.. fixed it when I got it home, managed to push a buddys rig when his kept dyin as well. Gotta love this thing.

yea, I had engine heat issues when my manifold looked like this

IMGP5433.jpg

never melted anything though, just made a lot of noise

the airbox didnt melt until I was almost home climbin a fat hill. didn't much care about the separated flange as I was just loosing backpressure but still kickin.. fixed it when I got it home, managed to push a buddys rig when his kept dyin as well. Gotta love this thing.

Its called carbon monoxide poisioning. The exhaust is there to keep the gasses out of the cabin as well as for sound.

if he'd had died, that'd be a darwin award, but he didnt. so, whats your point?

he made his choice, and he's still alive, it couldnt have been that dumb, eh?

Back