• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake line repair

unhitched

NAXJA Forum User
I hope this is in the correct spot. I was installing my Rough Country long arm kit and i had to sawzall out the driver side upper control arm bolt.... i managed to not cut it close enough and had to grind on it it some.... in the process i ground right through the brake line.... it is in a really hard to reach area and i am not sure how to fix it as i dont think i can get a flair tool in there to do a flair.... any ideas?

can i buy this complete brake line from the dealer? or napa? or am i stuck patching it or custom building a new line?

I am thinking i might just kink off the rear brake line, bleed it and drive it to a shop..... sort of angry at my jeep as i have too many stuck bolts and rough country managed to forget to send me all the parts to my kit....

thanks for you insight.....

nick

Not sure if dealer sells full pre-bent lines but if they do then it would be very expensive. I just got done running a new line from rear axle all the way forward and it was a huge PITA, if it was me in your case i would patch that area and call it a day.

Not sure how close they are but my buddy managed to crush the same line on his TJ.

I don't know how much he paid for it, but it took the two of us all of 15 minutes to R&R the line and bleed the brakes.

Edit:
Not sure what year/model you have but I did a search for that same part for my Jeep and it was $11.00.....

Last edited:
perfect chance to get the poly guard break lines...just un do both nuts towards the rear and on the tree and rebuild your own... i did it by self took me about 45 minutes to do if that..i think 25 feet at auto zone is 21 bucks

Back