• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat question

Seat Replacement in 93 Cherokee.

From post on Jeep Horizons.com
http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=10798&highlight=seat+replacement
Question from koltonv On Fri Feb 16, 2007
I have a 93 Cherokee and the seats are trashed. Does anyone know if the seats from a grand Cherokee will fit?

-----------------------------------
Answer from rix
This swap was from a 95 Cherokee sport and the seats were from a 99 Grand Cherokee. The front seats were easy, I just switch the bottom track bracket so you end up with the Cherokee brackets on the grand Cherokee seats. There are no holes to drill it just bolts on. The back seats are a bit trickier. From the old rear seat you need to take off the side brackets that has the rod that goes into the rocker panel, the grand Cherokee rear seat is usually a 60/40-split seat. Fit the bottom outside edge of the new seats with the side bracket taken off the old seats. It takes a bit of imagination but it can be done. You can attach these with a pop rivet gun. Now you have them secured in the original side holes. If you take the brackets off the bottom of the grand Cherokee seat and reinstall one of the brackets on each seat, closest to the center of the seats, backwards it will prevent the seat from sliding forward in the middle. The back of the seat is fairly easy to line up and drill holes for the end and middle brackets of the grand Cherokee seat. Make sure that the seats you buy have that center bracket for back of the rear seat or the seats won't work. You will lose some room in the back and the front seats will be a tad bit higher but it is worth the effort if you are buying the seats at the right price.
--------------------------------
Pick-A-Part is the place; take a tape measure and measure bolt pattern left to right and front to back. I don’t think you will even need to change the brackets.
Cherokee will also work, Limited have the best.

Back