• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Never been to TDS...questions.

SanDiegoOverland

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking of heading out to TDS on saturday, but I have a few questions.

I didn't really plan on going on any organized runs, I more wanted to simply check it out and cruise around a bit. I'd have my 3 little kids with me, so I'd be more of a "check out what's going on, watch the trucks, have some lunch," type trip.

Is there a place to walk around, check out the vendors, and maybe park the jeep and watch the goings-on?

Would I need to register to do those things?

thanks!

I think the vendors are off of sr22.. After that if you head north over the hill you can find a spot where folks go to trash there trucks..LOL..Lot's of stuff to see and watch

The main area i remember was free to walk around and look see. The official runs, well you wont be able to run em but you can put around where ever you like on the north side of the 22.

Have fun and good luck! Wish i had planned to attend this year but i guess i kinda put it off.

Ditto, Brian... you still have my number? I'll be heading out early Saturday from Escondido, and just playing around with friends up in Truckhaven proper (off N Marina Dr, which is north of S22). The vendor area should be free, and there are a few random "bucket raffles" for $5 or so you can buy tix for if you're interested. There's one at the Articulation Ramp, usually for a set of tires (any size you want; winners often opt for 37s or 42s and sell them, buy new "their size" tires & keep the change for other upgrades. You pay $5 to run the Ramp, and get a ticket.

If you come over where we're playing, it's all all-build friendly. I've been out with my friends Cal (37s? 40s? on a fully caged used-to-be-an-XJ) and Karen (stock XJ on 235s with rockrails, no swaybar disconnects, nothing) on the same run; there are usually multiple ways up every hill, and you can get as twisty & off camber as you want, or drive up a nice straight route.

Call or text (better out there) me... Six19 Six54 Nine7Five8

Back