• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to get a SYE installed?

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
I am pricing a sye and trieng to find a reputable shop to do the work.Does anyone have any opinions?What brand do you guys run?Any links or anything will help thanks.

pm cracker for the install, get an advanced adapters sye, i got mine shipped to me in 24 hours for 226.71. theyre pure beef!!

Last edited:
No, your original driveshaft has a slip yoke. The SYE eliminates that. That's why it's called a Slip Yoke Eliminator. ;)

You'll need to get a new driveshaft, which runs about $300. Or some people have had luck running a front driveshaft in the rear.

No, your original driveshaft has a slip yoke. The SYE eliminates that. That's why it's called a Slip Yoke Eliminator. ;)

You'll need to get a new driveshaft, which runs about $300. Or some people have had luck running a front driveshaft in the rear.
that's what I thought also,what brand driveshaft do you guys recomend.Any part numbers?Sorry I'm still learning.

A new driveshaft will be from $300-400. It's best to get it from a local driveline shop. They can make one in a day and there's no shipping time.. And they're there if you have any problems. The driveshaft on my MJ cost $325 at J.E. Reel. But I messed it up wheeling and got it retubed at OC Driveline for a couple hundred more.

The best thing to do is to get everything installed and then measure to see how long the new driveshaft has to be. For some reason, not all XJs are the same. So what works for one person may not work for you.

Advanced Adapters SYE
Tera 2low
Cracker low buck special driveshaft.
Replace the front output shaft seal while you're at it.
NAXJA Membership

Also heard that Web Dog does good work as well.

I can get affordable drivelines for you if you want. Custom built for your needs.

The Advnaced Adapter SYEs are the bomb.

Why not install it yourself? They aren't difficult.

i just installed my sye today, it took me two hours. its very easy to do.

Back