• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Neutral safety switch

98xjeepy

NAXJA Forum User
My nss on my 98 xj went bad the other day. So i took it off to rebuild and with lots of luck i found out the little arm inside that holds the two spring loaded contacts was broken completely off. One of my commercial customers at work had one from a 92 and back laying on the shelf and gave it to me. Only thing is the plugs are different. Im sure you all knew that though. My question is is it possible to switch my plug onto this switch. I figured the plug was all, just pop the pins out of each put new plug on. Nope 6 wires on the good one 7 on mine. Anyone know if this is possible. I have searched all over with no answer. I thought i read somewhere on here that it was possible is the only reason i even took the thing. I have a new one coming but it wont be here till first of next week and i would love to have my jeep back before then. Thanks in advance.

It is possible, but I think you need the other end of <96 NSS as well. Kinda make a piggytail jumper with it. Do a search for NSS*

Last edited:
All the search has got me is how to rebuild. I was hoping maybe someone here had first had experience with it. Thanks though. I'm still digging through the search stuff.

Damn, wish this had happened a couple weeks ago. I had a 98 switch that wouldn't fit my 92 MJ. So I just gave it away. We could have traded...

thats about my luck. I ended finding a new one one thepartsbin.com for like $54 but i was hoping to make this one work so i didnt have to wait on it to get here.

Back