• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d44 front swap question for my XJ

dubstepxj

NAXJA Forum User
okay. so. ive done a lot of research, but no body seems to answer a couple of questions i have. I picked up a front hd d44 form a '79 E250 van. Im on a budget and want to just buy new tabs and brackets necessary to get it under the jeep. the thing is...if i do that without shortening the width of the drivers side housing, my pumpkin will be under the exhaust (off set about 4" i think). will this be a problem? cause any driveline issues like vibrating or anything? this is going to be my daily driver/trail rig. ill have 8" of lift if that helps any. please help me out and tell me what i should do. im young and need some advice.

thanks for the reply. but would you think that it would vibrate bad or even turn from being off set more to the inside about 4"?...because if it wont, then im throwing these under my jeep. low pinion or not. and im not gonna lie, i dont know what im talking about. and neither does anybody around here where i am. so im trying to learn.

I had to trim about a inch on the driver side housing on my hp44 for it to be centered under the jeep for the coil spring perch. It needs to be as square as possible.A 4.5" grinder with a cut off wheel works well just don't cut to deep.

Back