• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball joints out for 3rd time?

whitexj98

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced the ball joints for the 3rd time this weeked. Now I expect them to wear because im on 33s and I wheel it. But the thing is its only been on the passenger side. I have never replaed the driver side, they might be loose and could use replacing but they have no play, unlike the passenger side that had seperation at the upper and lower when prying up on the tire. Nice thing is that they are moog and they have a lifetime warrenty so I just keep getting new ones for free. But my question is any one have an idea why I keep blowing thru just passenger sides?

bent inner "c"
start taking measurements, compare passenger side to drivers side, I bet the passenger side is spaced farther apart.

bent inner "c"
start taking measurements, compare passenger side to drivers side, I bet the passenger side is spaced farther apart.

x2, sounds about right.

What backspace are you running?

3.75 BS, Yes I know there’s more wear associated with BS, lift, tires, wheeling but only being on one side has me confused. I guess ill start taking some measurements and comparing to the other side.

Would a bent C show up on an alignment?

maybe, depends on how and how much it's bent. It could be the knuckle as well. Somewhere though I'm willing to bet that the pieces that mate together at the balljoints are not as they should be.

I see where you're going with this, but it would affect both sides unless he's running different backspacing on each side.

With the exception of installing "cheap" unit bearings.Most here prefer Timken over all the rest.
Pre-mature wear can also be the result of not having been torqued to spec.

Last edited:
Back